|The state law requires a daily roster of every student on each bus and specifies the number of students allowed on each bus. To be in compliance with the law, we must keep a paper trail in the form of bus passes for every change made to each bus daily. Therefore, the School Board has approved the following guidelines for the issuance of bus passes:
1. For the purpose of accommodating child care arrangements, each student is eligible to be rostered on one (1) alternate bus. An Alternate Bus Request form must be submitted prior to the start of the school year. After initial routes and runs have been established for the new school year, adequate seating space must be available to accommodate requests.
a. Parents must follow the procedures of the Alternate Bus Request.
b. Exceptions will be made for custodial parents.
2. Bus passes will not be accepted by phone. Exceptions will be made in cases of extreme emergency conditions and must be approved by the building principal or the Transportation Director.
3. No elementary students shall ride the high school bus in the morning unless it is for a school-related activity such as student council, band, tutoring, etc. A one day notice is required. High school students will not be permitted to ride the elementary bus to school in the morning.
4. Middle school/high school students staying after school for tutoring/testing must have teacher permission to ride the elementary bus home.
5. Bus passes cannot be approved for such reasons as going to a friend’s house, boy/girl scout meetings, birthday parties, etc. The same also applies to early dismissal days when a number of students go to a friend’s house for the afternoon.
Nothing in this policy is intended to prevent temporary emergency changes in critical conditions at the discretion of the Transportation Director.