The District is a member of the PA-Educator Consortium of Pennsylvania school districts and intermediate units which serves as a professional clearinghouse for applicants seeking employment. PA-Educator at www.pa-educator.net is the district’s primary resource for professional applications. More information about joining PA-Educator is shown below.
All applicants for professional employment should follow the directions provided on the specific posting and/or PA-Educator website. Unsolicited application materials cannot be acknowledged or returned.
When responding to a posting, please be sure to include the following:
Before employment will be considered, every applicant must also submit a fingerprint application to be checked through the appropriate state identification bureau. Applicants may register to be fingerprinted online http://pa.cogentid.com or by phone and then proceed to be fingerprinted at a Cogent Systems site. Applicants will be given a Registration ID# and must present this number to the hiring entity in order for the district to access the report. Other documents required for employment include:
- Standard Application for the South Side Area School District for Teaching Positions in Pennsylvania Public Schools must be completed.
- Criminal Record Check: Please make sure it is valid. They are only valid for one year from the date stamped. If the person lives out-of-state they are also required to have an FBI Clearance which is also only valid for one year.
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance Form: Please make sure it is valid. They are only valid for one year from the date stamped.
- Credentials: College transcripts should be included. If you are applying for the position of Instructional Support Personnel you will need proof of an Associate Degree or equivalent.
- Certificate: Make sure the area for which you are applying is listed on your certificate.
- Cover Letter
- Recommendation Letters
- I-9 Form for Employment Eligibility Verification (PDF)
- School Personnel Health Record (PDF)